Level 6 30 credits
- Integrate knowledge and understanding of pathophysiology associated with neurological dysfunction into discussion of care.
- Critically evaluate and demonstrate understanding of the physical and psychosocial signs and symptoms related to neurological dysfunction.
- Reflect upon current clinical practice and critically evaluate and appraise the evidence that underpins effective care delivery.
Neuroscience management and care
L7 30 credits
- Show a systematic understanding of and integrate evidence based knowledge of altered physiology related to a patient who has experienced neurological dysfunction.
- Critically appraise the evidence that underpins interventions for the management of patients with neurological conditions demonstrating critical analysis of the benefits and drawbacks of these therapies.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the professional, ethical and legal aspects of the decision making process for care management, and the effects upon patients with neurological conditions, their families and carers.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of care provision for a patient who has a neurological condition.
Both modules include 12 weeks taught content run at the University Hospital Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Site.
Contact details: Ruth Trout firstname.lastname@example.org